April 30, 2020
We hope that this letter finds you and your family safe and healthy. As we continue to cope with this very challenging time, we wanted to reach out to you to give you an update on what we have been doing to prepare for a resumption of patient care. While a return date is still unknown, it is our hope and desire to get back as soon as possible. As a reminder Dr. Sceppaguercio and I are available for any phone consultations or concerns, simply call the office for instructions on how to reach us. We would be happy to speak to you regarding any concerns or oral health issues.
As all of you know, our office has always been at the forefront of infection control and utilizing universal precautions by exceeding the requirements set forth by OSHA. Infection control is a second language to us. We have practicing these precautions for many years and it is not new to us. We have always taken the safety of our patients and the team very seriously. Because of the high standards that we have always placed on ourselves, we are well-prepared to address the evolving needs of the post-CoVid world. With the recent pandemic, we wanted to reassure you that we will continue to take every safety measure that we have in the past as well as implement new protocols to further assure your safety. The next time that you come to the office you will see and experience
new changes and some new ways of doing things, all with the goal of continuing to exceed the requirements for a safe and healthy healthcare environment.
In addition to the extensive universal precautions that we have always practiced, here are just some of the changes and additions that we have made in preparation for our return:
- The use of a sanitizing station upon entering for all visitors
- Level 1 masks for all patients or companions that must wait in the waiting room
- UV Air filtration units installed in the waiting room and all treatment rooms
- Enhanced and extensive Personal Protective Equipment to be worn by all team members involved in direct patient care
- Pre-screening questionnaires via phone
- A safe and effective method of fogging the operatories after patient care to further sterilize the surroundings. This method is used by hospitals, cruise ships and airlines.
- Screening of all patients prior to treatment to include a questionnaire, non-contact temperature reading, and a pulse oximeter reading
- Waiting for appointment times in your car to maintain social distancing
- Installation of no-touch soap dispensers and hand sanitizing dispensers
- Installation of barriers at the front desk
- Reducing seating in the waiting room to conform to social distancing requirements
- Utilizing one-time-use pens for patient transactions
- Staggering of patient appointments to minimize patient interaction with other patients
Over the coming weeks, we will continue to adapt and seek more ways to further ensure the safety of everyone in our office. The next time that you visit, feel free to ask our team any questions regarding our protocols and practices. They would be happy to explain to you why we do what we do.
Please keep an eye out for more communications as our re-opening date gets closer. If you don’t already, please follow us on Facebook at “Robert J. Martino, DDS” for continued updates and news.
We are all very excited to return to work. We miss our dental family very much. You are all in our thoughts and prayers as we continue to work our way through this time.
Robert J. Martino, DDS & Allison C. Sceppaguercio, DMD