PROTECTION DURING sports and other extreme activities can potentially save your teeth and gums from serious, or permanent damage. Cheap over-the-counter mouthguards may seem appealing because of the low price tag, but without the correct protective properties, cheap mouthguards could cost an athlete more in the long run.
Not All Mouthguards Give Equal Protection
Contrary to custom-fitted athletic mouthguards, over-the-counter options are often uncomfortable to wear and do not provide the proper amount of protection to the teeth and mouth. On the other hand, custom mouthguards are far more comfortable because they are made to fit your mouth specifically. Other benefits of custom mouthguards include:
- easy breathing and improved speech for maximum endurance and clear communication,
- a secure fit that stays in place during impact,
- professionally sized to any mouth size,
- resistant to irritation of sensitive gums,
- reduced risk and severity of dental injuries,
- rated for the highest level of protection,
- and minimal discomfort and inconvenience when worn.
Mouth Protection Is An Investment
Although personalized athletic mouthguards have a higher cost than over-the-counter options, they can potentially save you from serious expenses from injuries sustained from insufficient protection.
We Want To Help Protect Your Smile
Investing in a custom mouthguard can make all of the difference for you and your family’s oral health. While participating in sports and other activities is fun, it’s important that you protect your beautiful smile while doing so! Let’s talk about your unique and individual oral safety needs. If you or someone you know are in need of a custom mouthguard or have questions about custom mouthguards, please contact us.